Monday, July 18, 2011

11/365 The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse

Yes, this was one of those teensy Beatrix Potter books.  I don't know if I'm going to read anything else today because I'm practically drooling I'm so tired.  "I am so tired I can barely type these worfs."  I was a mess at work.  Heck, I made a mess at work. Kept trying to shove things into the refrigerator that are not typically kept there, and then getting frustrated when the scale or a bottle of Windex wouldn't fit.  I can't keep staying up late to read.  I said this yesterday, but I MUST start longer books earlier in the afternoon.  My eyeballs feel like they're barely holding themselves into my skull.  ("Help! Help! We can't hold on much longer! We're weakening... weakening...")


Anyways, thought I'd post on this book, be it small, in case I fall asleep this afternoon (in case?) and can't squeeze in something more substantial.  I didn't make any rules about the size of the books I would read...

To be honest, I haven't read any Beatrix Potter before - and I enjoyed this one.  Cute pictures.  And I like that Mrs. Tittlemouse builds herself a smaller doorway to keep annoying, large acquaintances out.  Such a very practical solution.  I had a feeling I would like Beatrix Potter, if only because her name was Beatrix Potter.  A girl I did speech with in high school once told me that Apply Dapply was her absolute favorite book as a kid and she could still recite most of it.  I'd like to look that one up.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to collapse onto my bed and become an inert mass for the next century.

No comments:

Post a Comment